Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Faculty Book Club


At the beginning of this challenging school year I knew I needed to cultivate relationships with my new library position and what better approach than to start a faculty book club. I learned so much about the outstanding staff at my private school where I took the position as the first Upper School librarian. In our final discussion we talked about Strange Pilgrims by Gabriel Garcia Marquez over lunch. This collection of twelve stories was published in 1992 but several of the tales were originally written in the seventies and eighties. Marquez who spent many years in exile from his native land of Columbia, wrote about dislocation and life in a foreign land. I thank all of those who read the books and attended the discussion meetings. I couldn’t have asked for a better conclusion to this school year.
Book cover from Follett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...