It’s a fresh new year and what better way than to start off with some positive suggestions. Take some time to plan and think through the year rather than blindly taking one day at a time.
1. Collaboration: The success of the library program depends on collaboration. Expand your existing collaborative relationships and concentrate on new collaborative projects.
2. Communication: Think of a variety of ways to communicate and promote the library. Design an online monthly newsletter, use the school’s news program, jazz up the displays and get creative with the communication process.
3. Evaluate last year and make a list of both successes and tribulations. Make modifications to programs that enhance the school’s community, drop the the unsuccessful projects and add at least one new and innovative program to the library calendar.
4. Sustainability: How can you eliminate waste in your library program? Think about developing an online calendar or schedule, keep your website up-to-date with pertinent information, and introduce your programming to the virtual world and take advantage of open source software.
5. PLN: Weed out your Professional Learning Network deleting stagnate areas and possibly adding new helpful resources.
6. Professional Development: Look at diverse PD opportunities. Take advantage of free webinars, virtual cafes and other options available.
Sit back, relax and have fun in the new school year!