Wednesday, January 26, 2011

NOOKcolor


As a librarian for the past 21 years, I have been saddened at the thought of the elimination of the traditional book in our libraries. How could a library exist without all those books on its shelves for your students to browse through and touch? For Christmas my husband bought me a NOOKcolor and I have read 2 books so far on the device. I'm actually reading every night before bed - a practice I have reglected. I actually think that eReaders might make a positive impact on our schools with students eager to use and read. Maybe we have just the new device to help jump-start all those reluctant readers. I'm still torn about who should provide the reader but time will tell.

Image from Barnes and Noble website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...