Friday, November 15, 2013

Awesome Google Story Builder Site

I discovered an awesome site called  Google Story Builder through my PLN last week that I wanted to share.  I was so excited about the potential use of the site that I immediately made a quick story and emailed it to my L.A. department chair.  Within a few minutes I receive and email back asking me if I would present this in their next L.A. PLC (department meeting). 

This is an intuitive site that allows up to 10 different participants to build an online story. Music may be added to the story.  Once the story is produced, others may view the story easily through a link.  It’s easy to use, fun, and can be integrated in almost any writing activity.



Sue’s story: http://goo.gl/7IrvhE

Uses in the classroom:

  • Story starters
  • SBBB (Standard Based Bulletin Board) commentaries
  • Introductions to lessons
  • Retell a story
  • Collaborative writing activities
  • Write a different point of view
  • Embed into presentations
  • Discussions between historical figures

Advantages

  • Easy and intuitive
  • Just link the story
  • Fun
  • Can be used cross curricular
  • Music is built in
  • Can be easily screencast
  • Can use with a QR code

Disadvantages

  • Cannot edit once it’s produced
  • Not user friendly with editing
  • Cannot hear the music with Apple devices

5 comments:

  1. Sue thank you for sharing this! Your blog is so fantastic and I love it when you share your work. Awesome tool and awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so kind. I love sharing and collaborating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to use this, but then all the links to it disappeared. I was so sad. Glad to see that it is active again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drat. I got excited and thought Search Story was back. But this looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the Search Story. I'm still thinking about uses for Story Builder.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...