Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Leveled Up My Blog!

It was during last night's webinar Level Up Your Blog with the awesome Sue Waters, that I was inspired to try something new with my blog this morning. The back chatting was just as interesting to read as was listening to Sue and friends talk about writing what you are passionate about, embedding options in your blog, and inspiring us to find time to blog. It was during this chatting that I spotted a comment about embedding Vine videos in blogger. WOW! That was my next project. I picked up my phone and in no time I had embedded a quick Vine video into blogger.

Here are the steps:

  1. First, you must set-up a Vine account and download the APP. I use my iPhone and iPad. 
  2. Next, using the APP make a Vine video in your library, classroom, or around your school. 
  3. Once the video is made, in the lower right hand corner there are 3 dots. Tap on these dots and an option to Share the post will appear. 
  4. Click on the share option and then choose Embed. 
  5. An email page will appear and type in your email address. 
  6. Once the email is sent to you it's easy. Copy and paste the embedded code into your blog post. Make sure you select the HTML button when pasting. 
  7. I always like to click on the Compose button in the upper left hand corner to test the code. You should see an embedded Vine video. 
I have successfully embedded a Pinterest board in the past and I will post those directions later. That too is easy but for someone who knows little about coding I simply change the board names in an existing HTML code. I like things simple and easy. I hope this helps!

This is a video taken on Crazy Day @ our school. The Drama class is presenting a short skit in the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...