Sunday, February 9, 2014

TCEA 2014




I've been attending conferences since 1989 but this was my first time to attend TCEA 2014 in Austin, Texas.  What an awesome surprise for me to have so many opportunities to attend the most amazing sessions.  I was able to blend my love of technology at the sessions in the convention center and my passion for the library in the TCEA LIB-SIG meeting and sessions at the Hilton.  Another treat was to meet many in my virtual PLN face-to-face.  I brought books to read, anticipated I would have time to finish writing a grant, and expected some lesson plan writing time but the fast paced high energy agenda left me just about enough time to eat and sleep.  



Here is a link to the TCEA 2014 handouts since this was almost a paperless convention.

I was honored to be nominated for The Amazing Librarian 2014 Award.  Congratulations to Nidia Rodriquez on receiving this award.

Tina Berumen Cannon Elementary Grapevine-Colleyville ISD
Sue Fitzgerald Gene Pike Middle School Northwest ISD
Mary Carole Strother Finch Elementary McKinney ISD
Nidia Rodriguez United High School United ISD


I also had the privilege to present Cheapskate PD for Librarians with the wonderful #TXLchat co-moderators.  We have incredible plans for future chats.

February 11th
Join #TXLchat moderators Sharon Gullett & Sonja Schulz as they share highlights of TCEA. There's also a surprise guest.  Come share what you loved about the conference!

February 25th

Join #TXLchat moderators Michelle Cooper & Sharon Gullett as they welcome special guests Colby Sharp and John Schumacher from the #SharpSchu chat and #NerdyBookClub











Who could forget to mention all the new awesome friends that we made.  But the best part was connecting with my PLN!  I can't wait for TLA. 









Here's a visual view of TCEA 2014.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...