Saturday, March 8, 2014

Texas Lone Star 2014

The Texas Lone Star list gives me a great opportunity to launch creative reading incentives in my library. I can produce displays, visuals, and other promotional programming in my library to foster the love of reading. What better way to entice readers than with this quality list of books put out by the Lone Star Committee.  Thank you to all that serve and provide us with this resourceful program. With that being said, please feel free to share and use my Google presentation. I'm still working on finding additional book trailers so contact me if you are interested in collaborating in this project. 

Google presentation has become one of my favorite applications in my Google Apps for Education account (GAFE) and here are a few reasons why:

  • Can access on multiple devices through your Google account since it's stored in the clouds. 
  • Presentations can be collaborative. 
  • Presentations can be easily shared through social media, email, or a link. 
  • They can be easily embedded into a blog or website. 
  • Presentations can be quickly downloaded as a PowerPoint presentation. Be aware that there may be some formatting issues. 
  • The learning curve is quick and easy. 
  • The Google Research option is available. 
  • Can easily upload or search for images. 
  • It's easy to search and embed YouTube videos.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...