Saturday, May 3, 2014

Author Deborah Wiles to Chat With #TXLChat

Sometimes I feel like my PLN (Professional Learning Network) has active tentacles always lurking for the next opportunity or connection.  When the “sparks” fly, it’s your obligation to take action. If you even has the slightest inclination that “something great” might occur from a connection you must:
  • Recognize the opportunity.
  • Initiate the progression.
  • Follow through with the connection

Here’s the unfolding of our next #TXLChat on May 13 @ 8:00 p.m. CST.  Through Twitter I was able to connect with author Deborah Wiles.  After a few tweets back and forth, Deborah and I began DM (direct message) communication.  It wasn’t long before I asked her if she would be interested in participating in #TXLChat and her answer quickly came back that she would LOVE to connect with librarians through the chat.

I was able to meet Deborah in person at TLA in San Antonio as Andy Plemmons and I stood in line to get her new book Revolution signed. I do believe Revolution will be release later this month. After having Andy in my PLN for some time it was good to put a face with all those awesome ideas that I follow.  There were many other incredible libraries in line while waiting for Deborah’s new book that promised to attend this Twitter event. 


I am very excited to co-moderate #TXLChat with Cynthia Alaniz (Nerdy Book Club member) @utalaniz, Sharon Gullet @sharongullett, myself @sue_fitz, and host our guest author Deborah Wiles @deborahwiles. You have time to read Countdown or any other book written by Deborah before the event.

More information on Deborah can be found on her website.


If you are new to Twitter just search YouTube and many tutorials will appear that can help you get started. 

Whether you want to lurk or participate please join us in this Twitter chat on May 13th.  Remember to use the hashtag #TXLChat when participating.  We hope to see many of you soon!

Graphic design produced on www.canva.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...