Sunday, September 7, 2014

It's Time for Setting Your Goals

It's that time of year where I am required by my district to set goals.  So I look at last year's goals tweak some that I feel needs modifying, drop those that are not longer needed, and add new ones to challenge both me and the library program.

This year I was inspired by NancyJo Lambert's and Andy Plemmon's blog articles about setting goals. So I too set out to make some some simple goals for myself and will make them public in our library for all to see.



#1 - Infuse Technology in all Curricular Areas
  • Keep up-to-date on new and emerging tools through my PLN
  • Model tools to both students and faculty
  • Accept online challenges such as the Thinglink Teacher Challenge
#2 Promote Reading in a Variety of Formats
  • Provide formal training on the use of our digital eContent
  • Use the library website as a platform to host training and information of all content
  • Model the use of both regular books and our eContent
  • Use a variety of content who book talking 
#3 Participate in Collaboration Beyond the Library Walls
  • Seek online opportunities to collaborate with others
  • Invite authors and/or guest speakers either through Skype or Google Hang Outs into our school
  • Join Goolge+ Communities that specializes in global collaboration 
#4 Empower Our Student in the Learning Process
  • Provide opportunities of CHOICE for our students
  • Train students as "first responders" in technology issues
  • Facilitate a student drive Technology Club
Have you set your personal goals this year?  Do make them visible to others and to remind yourself?  As the year goes on I can sometimes put my personal goals on the "back burner" but not this year.  With the help of Canva I'll post them in the library for everyone to see!


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...