Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Connected Educator Month

Yes, October is Connected Educator Month and it's time to step-up the connected part in the celebration.  The emphasis seems to be lurking everywhere in social media and through the numerous  recent chats I've realized it's time to take my connections to a higher level.

The advice that seems to resonate the most is that connections are all around us and that we as professionals need to take full advantage of these opportunities.  In #TLChat and #TXLChat recently some examples of finding connections included Twitter, Google+, Skype, Google Hang Outs, blogging, conferences, face-to-face meetings, virtual conferences, online challenges, and more.

That takes me to my latest connection with Susan Oxnevad and the ThingLink Challenge I participated in this summer.  Had I known that I would connect with such an innovative community, I would take on more challenges as time allows.  To my surprise Susan wrote a Spotlight article on my ThingLink experience and this not only humbled me but offered me many more global connection opportunities.

Take the the first step and initiate a connection that takes you and your students outside the walls of your library and school community - connect globally.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...