Tuesday, October 21, 2014

#NextgenLib TLA 5 & & Joint Virtual Conference

Let me begin by saying that presenting in a Google Hang Out virtual conference was both daunting and amazing.  Daunting in the fact that I was totally reliant on the success via the wifi and technology.  If the network went down all the viewers would see was a blank screen - yikes.  Amazing in that from any remote location (I happen to be in Denver at the time), I could connect with other librarians not only in Texas but across the world.  It was such a cool event and it all came off wonderfully.

Our keynote speaker was the amazing Andy Plemmons and those who watched were not disappointed in his programming and collaboration ideas.  Nancy Jo Lambert organized the virtual event with some last minute glitches but through Google documents, text messages, emails, phone calls, blog posts, Twitter, collaboration, and of course GHO it all came together for an epic first time event.  Thank you Nancy!

Here's the link to the full event and the best part is that if you missed it live, you can view it at your leisure.

Click here for the link.

The Smashing Thing was my presentation highlight a few of my favorite tools.  Full disclosure - I had no script.  The awesome part is you can see my passion for many of the tools.  




After watching the sessions, I know that my goal of taking my school beyond its walls into global communities is perfect for this year. Thank you to everyone who made this awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...