Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Annual Report Time - don't stress it!

It's the time of year when I gather tee library information and data to produce an annual report.  I must confess that's it's probably done more for my benefit than for anyone else.  I look at classes served, books circulated, programming and more to reflect on the good, bad, and the ugly.  Let's face it folks, all programs can use some tweaking and fresh ideas.  In the past I spent hours designing graphs, writing summaries of programs, and collated the report into a nice cool binder.  After hours of work I watched my principal, from a few year back, take about a 30 second gander.  I spent 2 days writing this report and he gave it 30 seconds.  At that point I decided to change up my report style and as you can see from my latest creation I turned it into an interactive infographic.  I used one one of the new templates in canva and imported the graphic into thinglink.  At that point all I had to do was link everything up.

As a quick and easy report I sent the link to my principal.  I would also suggest to many to have a face-to-face meeting to cultivate the relationship.  The key to a successful library program is all in the relationships. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...