- The student-led event was amazing with 10 student facilitators to help as students needed assistance. Coders would raise their hands and a facilitator responded immediately. This eliminated frustration from coders and gave the facilitators ownership for the event.
- Having the students sign-up before the event allowed me to enroll them in the code.org class. Students will then have the option to continue the courses after the event.
- The event concluded with a feedback session. It was plans were discussed to continue interest in coding beyond the Hour of Code.
- The student facilitators have volunteered to attend the Minecraft club and introduce the Minecraft coding course at our next club meeting.
- A 6th grade group of students have met beyond the Hour of Code and want to start a 6th grade lunch coding club. Students have plans to find a student leadership committee to launch the 6th grade lunch event.